Safety Technician I
Safety Technician I
Posted on: 4/10/23
Salary: Based on Experience
Reports To: Safety Director
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Pogue Construction Company | McKinney, TX (assigned projects)
Applications Accepted By: Until position is filled
Pogue Construction Company
ATTN: Megan Forbes
1512 Bray Central Dr. Suite 300
McKinney, TX 75069
Phone: 972-529-9401 | Fax: 972-529-9832 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: Two (2) years of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years’ experience in commercial building construction
Education:A two-year degree in Safety and Health or equivalent is preferred. In lieu of degree, additional work experience is acceptable.
- Conduct safety audits, issue report of violations and require immediate corrective action by subcontractors.
- Stoppage when circumstances are related to an immediate danger to life and health on a project.
- Work with Safety Director to recommend and implement corrective action based on policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Provide leadership assigned projects and build working relationships with all project staff.
- Function as site Safety Professional for all assigned construction projects. Act as an active, onsite resource for all safety related questions, concerns, and areas of improvement.
- Develop partnerships with Subcontractor Safety Reps to ensure compliance.
- Investigate and resolve issues on behalf of Pogue Construction. Communicate with project staff and subcontractors in connection with resolving field safety issues.
- Enforce safe work practices and conditions in accordance with Local, State, and Federal regulations, as well as owner/contractual requirements.
- Educate and advise project staff on safety guidelines and policies.
- Conduct scheduled and impromptu training and safety meetings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to identify known potential exposures and drive implementation of corrective actions.
- Computer skills and experience with MS Office suite programs.
- Proven management, leadership, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing and train others
- Internal and external customer service
- A two-year degree in Safety and Health or equivalent is preferred. In lieu of degree, additional work experience is acceptable.
- Two (2) years of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years’ experience in commercial building construction